201. Take care when implementing accounting software says BSA
202. Trainee accountant stole £500,000 from bank customers
203. HMRC is aware of new tax avoidance schemes for contractors
204. Why are accountants reluctant to use outsourcers?
205. HMRC fails to collect £27.4 billion tax over 5 years
206. CIS penalty scheme changes next month
207. HMRC hopes to make tax evasion a thing of the past
208. Should devolved administrations set own corporation tax rate?
209. Are all accountants business advisors as well?
210. Are footballers making use of tax avoidance schemes?
211. RBS uses a high percentage of accounting contractors
212. Manufacturers should receive greater tax breaks says McColl
213. HMRC arrests five tax evading plumbers
214. Contractor accountants are in demand north of the border
215. HMRC starts new clampdown on tax avoidance
216. Contractors’ employment status called into question
217. Let riot affected firms use TTP scheme for a second time, says FSB
218. Cloud accounting software can be beneficial to SMEs
219. HMRC sets up Civil Disorder helpline
220. The 50p rate of income tax is here to stay; at least for now
221. Older accountants have not planned properly for retirement
222. HMRC loses another IR35 appeal case
223. Accountants should help plumbers get tax in order this month
224. Get a mobile app with Sage 50 Accounts 2012
225. Salary sacrifice schemes to attract VAT
226. HMRC must improve its service to accountants
227. Business in a box for start-ups
228. Is HMRC confusing tax avoidance with tax evasion?
229. Sage revamps The Accountants Club
230. HMRC runs out of paper to print self-assessment statements!
231. Why are firms reluctant to take up the NIC holiday scheme?
232. HMRC reminds students they don’t need to pay income tax
233. Mastermind’s accounting skills help police smash drug ring
234. 10 debt collection agencies to help HMRC collect overdue tax
235. Companies House reports 5% increase in firms filing late
236. FSB calls for cut in VAT to 5% for certain sectors
237. Income tax/NI merger unlikely to happen for several years
238. HMRC offers support to SMEs bidding for Olympic Games contract
239. Would you buy your accounting software from Yell?
240. Value of UK fraud increases dramatically
241. HMRC to grill London’s fast food outlets
242. Government takes first step towards income tax – NI merger
243. ACCA and Oxford Brookes now offer online BSc Honours degree
244. HMRC manages tax disputes with large firms satisfactorily
245. Companies House to withdraw paper filing option in March 2013
246. KashFlow online accounting software for SMEs
247. Can you learn to be an accountant by watching videos?
248. Accountants living in Scotland might pay more PAYE
249. Accountants say HMRC tax health plan helpline under-staffed
250. Will limited company accountants be affected by the AWR
251. Accountants need more health related benefits
252. Premier League Football Clubs settle their HMRC liabilities
253. MYOB accounting software to shutdown on 31st December
254. HMRC staff are set to strike again later this month
255. HMRC to start electronically scanning mail
256. Santander chief executive investigated for tax evasion
257. Government proposes new statutory residency test
258. More HMRC crackdowns are on the way to catch tax evaders
259. Criminal investigations launched following tax amnesties
260. Will accountants leave the UK to escape high taxes?
261. Accountants angry at HMRC’s latest iXBRL filing foul up
262. Are limited companies in line for a Class 1A NIC refund?
263. iXBRL technology is not popular with business owners
264. HMRC looking into inheritance tax valuations
265. High risk tax avoidance schemes to be listed by HMRC
266. HMRC to follow up on small business record keeping
267. HMRC releases updated tax toolkits to aid online accountants
268. Accountants may struggle to get through to HMRC this afternoon
269. VAT amnesty launched by HMRC
270. UK lags behind the rest of Europe for remote working
271. Are actors subject to IR35 legislation?
272. Scottish government to consider feasibility of tartan tax
273. When will more accountants join the Twitter revolution?
274. Online accountants should take advantage of the cloud
275. Penalties for late payment of PAYE are about to bite
276. 16% of SMEs do not know how to obtain tax advice
277. Cameron says no thanks to EU corporate tax base proposal
278. Reform of IR35 administration moves a step forward
279. IT contractor defeats HMRC over IR35 legislation
280. Are HMRC’s high net worth unit figures artificially inflated?
281. HMRC announces new real-time information timetable
282. Supreme Court rules in favour of HMRC in tax avoidance case
283. HMRC calls time on tax evading restaurateurs
284. Document mileage claims correctly or lose millions in VAT
285. Should HMRC be penalised when they fail to meet deadlines?
286. Will the LDF really bring in £3 billion for HMRC?
287. Football and Premier League to do battle with HMRC in court
288. Treasury grossly overestimated NIC holiday take up rate
289. HMRC calls time on rogue construction industry recruiters
290. 50% withholding tax deal on funds hidden in Switzerland
291. March’s Budget measures were too complex
292. Company liquidations decreased by 16% last year
293. HMRC tightens the screws on Time to Pay arrangements
294. Chartered accountants launch new tax rates app for i-phone
295. Tax evasion in Switzerland could soon be a thing of the past
296. Why do British SMEs shun the cloud?
297. iXBRL filing has proved to be a nightmare for some firms
298. Accountants debate the value of SME audits
299. When is a resident not a resident?
300. How can baby boomer accountants in London retire comfortably?
301. City workers contribute £11 bn in NICs and income tax
302. Channel islands VAT loophole should be closed say lobbyists
303. Accounting software for those who know zilch about accountancy
304. EC VAT proposals would lead to higher prices on zero rated items
305. Tax simplification is still a long way off according to MPs
306. Why don’t accountants like social media?
307. Tax accountants can now find all the data they need in one place
308. Do contractor accountants yearn for a permanent position?
309. HMRC tops the poll as the UK’s most inaccurate biller
310. Employers national insurance to stay as separate entity
311. New real time information implementation date is still too soon
312. Data quality issues hit the ONS
313. Real incomes decline for the first time since 1981
314. Accountants are catching application fever!
315. Did auditors really fuel the economic crisis?
316. Accountants are reminded to prepare for payroll year end
317. Why do SMEs shy away from accounting software?
318. Firms may have to pay deposit to prevent defaulting on PAYE
319. IR35 is here to stay, at least for the time being
320. How much longer can HMRC continue to take the strain?
321. NI and Income Tax merger draws a step closer
322. Tackling tax avoidance is on the budget agenda
323. What will the budget have in store for accountants?
324. Sellers of fast food could be in for bumper VAT refunds
325. Customer service at HMRC is unlikely to improve in a hurry
326. Abolish the 50% income tax rate call from the IoD
327. OTS suggests simplifying the VAT system for SMEs
328. Why should self-employed accountants pay more tax?
329. Many small organisations are due VAT refund from HMRC
330. KPMG extends trainee school leaver accountant programme
331. Sage revamps its Instant Accounts accounting software
332. HMRC gets tough on ex-pat accountants contracted to Libya
333. Income tax and NICs will not be merged in this parliament
334. Pensioners get shock tax demands
335. What do online accountants think of Real Time Information?
336. Four years in jail for man guilty of £6 million tax evasion
337. Accountants could save tax through the payroll giving scheme
338. Accountants help HMRC punish those guilty of tax evasion