201. Should accountants in London go on a charm offensive?
202. Jail sentence for man who fraudulently claimed £754,000 VAT
203. IR35 investigations yielded just £219,180 last year
204. Tax accountants could be in for a busy time
205. Will contractor accountants lose out because of AWR?
206. Cloud computing proves beneficial to accountants in London
207. Penalties for late filing self-assessment could add up to £1,600
208. Treasury quashes overseas tax avoidance scheme
209. Watch out for phishing emails offering income tax refunds
210. Should accountants pay VAT on everything they buy?
211. Finance managers struggle to fill key accounting positions
212. Could HMRC become a massive money laundering operation?
213. Accountants are very much in demand!
214. What is Osborne going to do about the 50p income tax rate?
215. Take care when implementing accounting software says BSA
216. Trainee accountant stole £500,000 from bank customers
217. HMRC is aware of new tax avoidance schemes for contractors
218. Why are accountants reluctant to use outsourcers?
219. HMRC fails to collect £27.4 billion tax over 5 years
220. CIS penalty scheme changes next month
221. HMRC hopes to make tax evasion a thing of the past
222. Should devolved administrations set own corporation tax rate?
223. Are all accountants business advisors as well?
224. Are footballers making use of tax avoidance schemes?
225. RBS uses a high percentage of accounting contractors
226. Manufacturers should receive greater tax breaks says McColl
227. HMRC arrests five tax evading plumbers
228. Contractor accountants are in demand north of the border
229. HMRC starts new clampdown on tax avoidance
230. Contractors’ employment status called into question
231. Let riot affected firms use TTP scheme for a second time, says FSB
232. Cloud accounting software can be beneficial to SMEs
233. HMRC sets up Civil Disorder helpline
234. The 50p rate of income tax is here to stay; at least for now
235. Older accountants have not planned properly for retirement
236. HMRC loses another IR35 appeal case
237. Accountants should help plumbers get tax in order this month
238. Get a mobile app with Sage 50 Accounts 2012
239. Salary sacrifice schemes to attract VAT
240. HMRC must improve its service to accountants
241. Business in a box for start-ups
242. Is HMRC confusing tax avoidance with tax evasion?
243. Sage revamps The Accountants Club
244. HMRC runs out of paper to print self-assessment statements!
245. Why are firms reluctant to take up the NIC holiday scheme?
246. HMRC reminds students they don’t need to pay income tax
247. Mastermind’s accounting skills help police smash drug ring
248. 10 debt collection agencies to help HMRC collect overdue tax
249. Companies House reports 5% increase in firms filing late
250. FSB calls for cut in VAT to 5% for certain sectors
251. Income tax/NI merger unlikely to happen for several years
252. HMRC offers support to SMEs bidding for Olympic Games contract
253. Would you buy your accounting software from Yell?
254. Value of UK fraud increases dramatically
255. HMRC to grill London’s fast food outlets
256. Government takes first step towards income tax – NI merger
257. ACCA and Oxford Brookes now offer online BSc Honours degree
258. HMRC manages tax disputes with large firms satisfactorily
259. Companies House to withdraw paper filing option in March 2013
260. KashFlow online accounting software for SMEs
261. Can you learn to be an accountant by watching videos?
262. Accountants living in Scotland might pay more PAYE
263. Accountants say HMRC tax health plan helpline under-staffed
264. Will limited company accountants be affected by the AWR
265. Accountants need more health related benefits
266. Premier League Football Clubs settle their HMRC liabilities
267. MYOB accounting software to shutdown on 31st December
268. HMRC staff are set to strike again later this month
269. HMRC to start electronically scanning mail
270. Santander chief executive investigated for tax evasion
271. Government proposes new statutory residency test
272. More HMRC crackdowns are on the way to catch tax evaders
273. Criminal investigations launched following tax amnesties
274. Will accountants leave the UK to escape high taxes?
275. Accountants angry at HMRC’s latest iXBRL filing foul up
276. Are limited companies in line for a Class 1A NIC refund?
277. iXBRL technology is not popular with business owners
278. HMRC looking into inheritance tax valuations
279. High risk tax avoidance schemes to be listed by HMRC
280. HMRC to follow up on small business record keeping
281. HMRC releases updated tax toolkits to aid online accountants
282. Accountants may struggle to get through to HMRC this afternoon
283. VAT amnesty launched by HMRC
284. UK lags behind the rest of Europe for remote working
285. Are actors subject to IR35 legislation?
286. Scottish government to consider feasibility of tartan tax
287. When will more accountants join the Twitter revolution?
288. Online accountants should take advantage of the cloud
289. Penalties for late payment of PAYE are about to bite
290. 16% of SMEs do not know how to obtain tax advice
291. Cameron says no thanks to EU corporate tax base proposal
292. Reform of IR35 administration moves a step forward
293. IT contractor defeats HMRC over IR35 legislation
294. Are HMRC’s high net worth unit figures artificially inflated?
295. HMRC announces new real-time information timetable
296. Supreme Court rules in favour of HMRC in tax avoidance case
297. HMRC calls time on tax evading restaurateurs
298. Document mileage claims correctly or lose millions in VAT
299. Should HMRC be penalised when they fail to meet deadlines?
300. Will the LDF really bring in £3 billion for HMRC?
301. Football and Premier League to do battle with HMRC in court
302. Treasury grossly overestimated NIC holiday take up rate
303. HMRC calls time on rogue construction industry recruiters
304. 50% withholding tax deal on funds hidden in Switzerland
305. March’s Budget measures were too complex
306. Company liquidations decreased by 16% last year
307. HMRC tightens the screws on Time to Pay arrangements
308. Chartered accountants launch new tax rates app for i-phone
309. Tax evasion in Switzerland could soon be a thing of the past
310. Why do British SMEs shun the cloud?
311. iXBRL filing has proved to be a nightmare for some firms
312. Accountants debate the value of SME audits
313. When is a resident not a resident?
314. How can baby boomer accountants in London retire comfortably?
315. City workers contribute £11 bn in NICs and income tax
316. Channel islands VAT loophole should be closed say lobbyists
317. Accounting software for those who know zilch about accountancy
318. EC VAT proposals would lead to higher prices on zero rated items
319. Tax simplification is still a long way off according to MPs
320. Why don’t accountants like social media?
321. Tax accountants can now find all the data they need in one place
322. Do contractor accountants yearn for a permanent position?
323. HMRC tops the poll as the UK’s most inaccurate biller
324. Employers national insurance to stay as separate entity
325. New real time information implementation date is still too soon
326. Data quality issues hit the ONS
327. Real incomes decline for the first time since 1981
328. Accountants are catching application fever!
329. Did auditors really fuel the economic crisis?
330. Accountants are reminded to prepare for payroll year end
331. Why do SMEs shy away from accounting software?
332. Firms may have to pay deposit to prevent defaulting on PAYE
333. IR35 is here to stay, at least for the time being
334. How much longer can HMRC continue to take the strain?
335. NI and Income Tax merger draws a step closer
336. Tackling tax avoidance is on the budget agenda
337. What will the budget have in store for accountants?
338. Sellers of fast food could be in for bumper VAT refunds
339. Customer service at HMRC is unlikely to improve in a hurry
340. Abolish the 50% income tax rate call from the IoD
341. OTS suggests simplifying the VAT system for SMEs
342. Why should self-employed accountants pay more tax?
343. Many small organisations are due VAT refund from HMRC
344. KPMG extends trainee school leaver accountant programme
345. Sage revamps its Instant Accounts accounting software
346. HMRC gets tough on ex-pat accountants contracted to Libya
347. Income tax and NICs will not be merged in this parliament
348. Pensioners get shock tax demands
349. What do online accountants think of Real Time Information?
350. Four years in jail for man guilty of £6 million tax evasion
351. Accountants could save tax through the payroll giving scheme
352. Accountants help HMRC punish those guilty of tax evasion