1. Fraud spreads through local and overseas accounting sectors
2. Chronic large business underpayment to be put to bed by HMRC
3. Accountants end up on both sides of the courtroom
4. Stress and happiness exist hand-in-hand in UK accountants?
5. Yet more fraud: when will these accountants ever learn?
6. FRC gets former Lloyds chair while US slaps down accountants
7. Oh look, more accountancy firms landing in hot water!
8. Accountants in hot water here at home and across the pond
9. Even more accountants caught red-handed
10. Too many accountants being caught in the act of fraud
11. Accusations of poor accounting practices fly
12. Distressing accounting reports at home and abroad
13. Taxpayers lose big per annum, Chancellor strikes back
14. HMRC likes where things are headed but wants more
15. Regulation and reform – good or bad for the UK?
16. Accountancy firms behind the times in more ways than one
17. Two accountancy firms dragged over the coals by regulators
18. Pensions accounting reform needed, reinforced by WHSmith
19. EU creeps closer to new accounting rules, UK stops blocking
20. HMRC ramps up investigations, flusters small business owners
21. Accounting reforms row mangles UK industry
22. Tax evasion crackdowns: they don’t work, but HMRC won’t stop
23. The tax avoidance double standard strikes again
24. Accountants – and their clients – sought out
25. Tax avoidance in spotlight once more, but not how you think
26. Accountancy firms find themselves in hot water
27. The next generation of accountants takes flight!
28. New Scottish ‘mansion tax’ under fire from financial experts
29. HMRC brings in more tax, but it could have done better
30. HMRC qualifies who is Scottish for income tax purposes
31. Tax rates are creeping up across the EU member states
32. 13,769 takers for the NIC holiday; a far cry from the anticipated 400,000!
33. Are UK accountants under pressure to behave unethically?
34. Will child benefit changes lead to more tax avoidance?
35. UK CFOs more pessimistic than their global counterparts
36. How can the government plug a £13 billion black hole?
37. Accountants angered by P35 reminder letters
38. Hampshire plumber receives suspended sentence for tax evasion
39. Panorama exposes tax avoidance scandal
40. It’s full steam ahead for the Real Time Information scheme
41. HMRC to hold twitter Q&A for Internet traders tonight
42. Wealthy French could be set to relocate to the UK
43. Accountants received salary increases of 10.3% last year
44. How many civil servants are involved in tax avoidance?
45. Are SMES struggling to settle their liabilities with HMRC?
46. More than 4 million UK taxpayers now pay higher rate income tax
47. Employers should be aware of PAYE late filing penalties
48. Will micro-businesses be able to cope with RTI?
49. Pasty tax protest descends on Downing Street
50. Jeweller’s VAT fraud results in a prison sentence
51. HMRC wins tax avoidance case against Eclipse 35
52. HMRC launches Business Tax Dashboard for accountants
53. How can Rangers FC resolve its problems with HMRC?
54. HMRC apologises to contact centre callers
55. Accountants have new app to help with company car taxation
56. Accountants may like the new iXBRL accounting software from Sage
57. Should employer provided iPads be exempt from tax and NICs?
58. Is your tax planning strictly above board?
59. Accountants want to know how much tax our MPs pay
60. Would a narrowly targeted GAAR encourage tax avoidance?
61. Crunch launches free online accounting software
62. HMRC’s tax webinars are now available on-demand
63. Britain’s wealthiest are not paying enough income tax
64. Accountant confirms legitimacy of Boris Johnson’s tax position
65. Accountants see big increase in demand for their services
66. Say farewell to paper VAT returns
67. Battle for London Mayor hots up on air!
68. Compliance to become focus at HMRC
69. Chelsea couple found guilty of Chanel VAT fraud
70. Cash accounting for small businesses moves step closer
71. HMRC’s tax evasion taskforce makes two arrests in Glasgow
72. Plumber gets 12-month jail sentence for tax evasion
73. Accountants should prepare for payroll year-end
74. Chancellor closes VAT anomaly loopholes
75. Are we going to see more accountants going freelance?
76. Workfriend now helps accountants worldwide
77. HMRC to hold tax evasion Q&A session on Twitter
78. Channel Islands tax avoidance loophole will close on April 1st
79. CIOT calls for general disclosure facility for tax evaders
80. 14 arrested as HMRC swoop on fraudsters
81. Cyber crime team to fight criminals who attack HMRC
82. Do accountants in London want a tax avoider as the next Mayor?
83. Accountants have the Budget firmly on their minds
84. Implementing iXBRL caused disruption for many accountants
85. What, if anything, should replace the 50p income tax rate?
86. Should the government grant a general tax evasion amnesty?
87. Accounting should be accessible to all, not just the privileged few
88. Accountants should break with tradition and update their methods
89. HMRC just misses its tax evasion targets
90. HMRC slips up again and sends incorrect penalty notices!
91. Former accountant must pay back more than £2 million to HMRC
92. Tax evading Scottish landlords come under the spotlight
93. Will production companies suffer from NIC burden
94. HMRC tax investigators share £1.4 million bonus pot
95. Online accountants may find big demand for their services
96. Should VAT repayments attract simple or compound interest?
97. HMRC finally admits that a smartphone really is a mobile phone
98. Differing opinions over Ed Balls Budget demands
99. Late filing penalty notices are on the way to 850,000 taxpayers
100. What would accountants like to see in the Budget?
101. Can PwC’s shadowing scheme attract more female accountants?
102. Electricians have until 15th May to own up to tax evasion
103. Potential PAYE dodging employers to pay security deposit
104. Should budding accountants go to university?
105. How much did HMRC spend on its latest tax evasion case?
106. HMRC runs webinars to provide help for small businesses
107. Builders and doorstep traders should own up to tax evasion
108. HMRC forces Glasgow Rangers into administration
109. Liechtenstein Disclosure Facility will now run until 2016
110. HMRC backtracks on plan to abolish P45s
111. HMRC puts business records checks on hold
112. Is tax avoidance rife in the Civil Service?
113. Accountants are crying out for iPad apps
114. ACCA urges HMRC to speed up issuance of penalty notices
115. Do accountants provide HMRC with incorrect data?
116. Electricians warned to get their tax affairs in order
117. Overseas stars exempt from income tax for Glasgow 2014
118. HMRC loses patience with Portsmouth FC
119. HMRC says nearly 400,000 people filed online on January 30th
120. Afghanistan based soldiers exempt from late filing penalties
121. Will final day for self-assessment filing see chaos reign at HMRC?
122. Spurs manager faces judge and jury in tax evasion case
123. HMRC strike is “reasonable excuse” for late filing
124. Accountants expect salary and bonus increases this year
125. Internships could help budding accountants get ahead
126. Tax adviser guilty of conning charities and defrauding taxpayers
127. Were accountants hit by HMRC lightning strikes?
128. Businesses call for VAT increase to be reversed
129. Accountants are plunging further into debt
130. HMRC offers help to those needing to file VAT returns online
131. Accountant jailed for 16 months after stealing from employer
132. 50p income tax rate to stay for the next few years
133. Taskforce unearths 85 London fast food outlets guilty of tax evasion
134. Employers need clarity over NIC mileage payments
135. PwC flooded with applications from budding accountants
136. HMRC set to appeal first tier tax tribunal decision
137. Rural business communities worried about online VAT filing
138. Employers reluctant to award salary increases last year
139. Is the UK tumbling head first back into recession?
140. Footballers perks to be investigated by HMRC
141. 25,633 VAT penalties deemed unjust in 2011
142. Accountants may want to offer advice to struggling SMEs
143. Channel Islands challenge Osborne’s LVCR VAT decision
144. Only 10,000 companies avail of National Insurance Holiday
145. Accounting software could help firms pay their taxes
146. Online accountants should make New Year resolutions
147. Treasury rakes in £63 billion from financial services industry
148. Late payment is no longer acceptable to contractor accountants
149. Do accountants think the tax profession should be regulated?
150. Hosted Accountants launches virtual hosted desktops
151. A few interview tips for job hunting accountants
152. Accountants using MYOB software get temporary reprieve
153. Will HMRC refund tax overpayments within 30 days?
154. ICAEW accountants offer free advice to SMEs
155. Accountant from Coventry gets involved in Corrie plot
156. HMRC warns tutors and coaches of Tax Catch Up Plan deadline
157. HMRC to clamp down on unpaid internships
158. Could HMRC’s tough stance on tax evasion backfire?
159. Together for Short Lives gets VAT bonus from government
160. HMRC to target online traders suspected of tax evasion
161. Should HMRC review income tax on overseas sports stars?
162. Are more chartered accountants opting for self-employment?
163. Accountants should prepare to file their VAT returns online
164. Accountants in London help police beat fraud
165. Time for electricians to get their tax affairs in order
166. Time is running out to register under the VAT Initiative
167. Did accountants suffer because of Wednesday’s strike?
168. Investors in start-up companies to get 50% income tax relief
169. 25 investigators join HMRC’s fight against tax evasion
170. Will more accountants face a higher income tax bill?
171. iXBRL filing might add hours to the workload of accountants
172. HMRC to alter policy on penalty notices
173. HMRC warns medics to come clean about tax evasion
174. Gaming firms could be in for bumper VAT refunds
175. Should we be allowed access to our income tax records?
176. Real-time PAYE payroll reporting will go ahead as planned
177. Finance departments increase usage of senior-level interims
178. Government extends tax breaks for British film industry
179. Low Value Consignment VAT Relief to disappear next year
180. Will HMRC staff vote to take industrial action?
181. New tax evasion taskforce targets Scottish scrap metal industry
182. Should accountants in London prepare for another recession?
183. An accountant’s life appears to be increasingly stressful
184. Male and female accountants view the economy differently
185. Cash accounting for small firms is a no-go, says Xero
186. Increasing number of graduates want to become accountants
187. HMRC cracks down on tax evading overseas property owners
188. Will PAYE pooling create larger targets for HMRC?
189. Disclosure of Tax Avoidance Schemes facility is a success
190. Cable penalised for failing to register and pay VAT
191. Companies House confirms receipt of first iXBRL accounts
192. Tax accountant claims that footballers are not tax evaders
193. Tax accountants can now check PAYE tax codes online
194. Is HMRC’s Single Compliance Process for SMEs realistic?
195. Intuit releases new version of QuickBooks accounting software
196. HMRC has been issuing inaccurate late filing P35 penalties
197. HMRC PAYE returns show that 572 UK firms employ Mr or Mrs ‘X’
198. Family staffed firms warned about scholarship expenses scheme
199. HMRC sets up new unit to tackle tax evasion
200. Have contractor accountants received pay rises this year?