1. HMRC likes where things are headed but wants more
2. Regulation and reform – good or bad for the UK?
3. Accountancy firms behind the times in more ways than one
4. Two accountancy firms dragged over the coals by regulators
5. Pensions accounting reform needed, reinforced by WHSmith
6. EU creeps closer to new accounting rules, UK stops blocking
7. HMRC ramps up investigations, flusters small business owners
8. Accounting reforms row mangles UK industry
9. Tax evasion crackdowns: they don’t work, but HMRC won’t stop
10. The tax avoidance double standard strikes again
11. Accountants – and their clients – sought out
12. Tax avoidance in spotlight once more, but not how you think
13. Accountancy firms find themselves in hot water
14. The next generation of accountants takes flight!
15. New Scottish ‘mansion tax’ under fire from financial experts
16. HMRC brings in more tax, but it could have done better
17. HMRC qualifies who is Scottish for income tax purposes
18. Tax rates are creeping up across the EU member states
19. 13,769 takers for the NIC holiday; a far cry from the anticipated 400,000!
20. Are UK accountants under pressure to behave unethically?
21. Will child benefit changes lead to more tax avoidance?
22. UK CFOs more pessimistic than their global counterparts
23. How can the government plug a £13 billion black hole?
24. Accountants angered by P35 reminder letters
25. Hampshire plumber receives suspended sentence for tax evasion
26. Panorama exposes tax avoidance scandal
27. It’s full steam ahead for the Real Time Information scheme
28. HMRC to hold twitter Q&A for Internet traders tonight
29. Wealthy French could be set to relocate to the UK
30. Accountants received salary increases of 10.3% last year
31. How many civil servants are involved in tax avoidance?
32. Are SMES struggling to settle their liabilities with HMRC?
33. More than 4 million UK taxpayers now pay higher rate income tax
34. Employers should be aware of PAYE late filing penalties
35. Will micro-businesses be able to cope with RTI?
36. Pasty tax protest descends on Downing Street
37. Jeweller’s VAT fraud results in a prison sentence
38. HMRC wins tax avoidance case against Eclipse 35
39. HMRC launches Business Tax Dashboard for accountants
40. How can Rangers FC resolve its problems with HMRC?
41. HMRC apologises to contact centre callers
42. Accountants have new app to help with company car taxation
43. Accountants may like the new iXBRL accounting software from Sage
44. Should employer provided iPads be exempt from tax and NICs?
45. Is your tax planning strictly above board?
46. Accountants want to know how much tax our MPs pay
47. Would a narrowly targeted GAAR encourage tax avoidance?
48. Crunch launches free online accounting software
49. HMRC’s tax webinars are now available on-demand
50. Britain’s wealthiest are not paying enough income tax
51. Accountant confirms legitimacy of Boris Johnson’s tax position
52. Accountants see big increase in demand for their services
53. Say farewell to paper VAT returns
54. Battle for London Mayor hots up on air!
55. Compliance to become focus at HMRC
56. Chelsea couple found guilty of Chanel VAT fraud
57. Cash accounting for small businesses moves step closer
58. HMRC’s tax evasion taskforce makes two arrests in Glasgow
59. Plumber gets 12-month jail sentence for tax evasion
60. Accountants should prepare for payroll year-end
61. Chancellor closes VAT anomaly loopholes
62. Are we going to see more accountants going freelance?
63. Workfriend now helps accountants worldwide
64. HMRC to hold tax evasion Q&A session on Twitter
65. Channel Islands tax avoidance loophole will close on April 1st
66. CIOT calls for general disclosure facility for tax evaders
67. 14 arrested as HMRC swoop on fraudsters
68. Cyber crime team to fight criminals who attack HMRC
69. Do accountants in London want a tax avoider as the next Mayor?
70. Accountants have the Budget firmly on their minds
71. Implementing iXBRL caused disruption for many accountants
72. What, if anything, should replace the 50p income tax rate?
73. Should the government grant a general tax evasion amnesty?
74. Accounting should be accessible to all, not just the privileged few
75. Accountants should break with tradition and update their methods
76. HMRC just misses its tax evasion targets
77. HMRC slips up again and sends incorrect penalty notices!
78. Former accountant must pay back more than £2 million to HMRC
79. Tax evading Scottish landlords come under the spotlight
80. Will production companies suffer from NIC burden
81. HMRC tax investigators share £1.4 million bonus pot
82. Online accountants may find big demand for their services
83. Should VAT repayments attract simple or compound interest?
84. HMRC finally admits that a smartphone really is a mobile phone
85. Differing opinions over Ed Balls Budget demands
86. Late filing penalty notices are on the way to 850,000 taxpayers
87. What would accountants like to see in the Budget?
88. Can PwC’s shadowing scheme attract more female accountants?
89. Electricians have until 15th May to own up to tax evasion
90. Potential PAYE dodging employers to pay security deposit
91. Should budding accountants go to university?
92. How much did HMRC spend on its latest tax evasion case?
93. HMRC runs webinars to provide help for small businesses
94. Builders and doorstep traders should own up to tax evasion
95. HMRC forces Glasgow Rangers into administration
96. Liechtenstein Disclosure Facility will now run until 2016
97. HMRC backtracks on plan to abolish P45s
98. HMRC puts business records checks on hold
99. Is tax avoidance rife in the Civil Service?
100. Accountants are crying out for iPad apps
101. ACCA urges HMRC to speed up issuance of penalty notices
102. Do accountants provide HMRC with incorrect data?
103. Electricians warned to get their tax affairs in order
104. Overseas stars exempt from income tax for Glasgow 2014
105. HMRC loses patience with Portsmouth FC
106. HMRC says nearly 400,000 people filed online on January 30th
107. Afghanistan based soldiers exempt from late filing penalties
108. Will final day for self-assessment filing see chaos reign at HMRC?
109. Spurs manager faces judge and jury in tax evasion case
110. HMRC strike is “reasonable excuse” for late filing
111. Accountants expect salary and bonus increases this year
112. Internships could help budding accountants get ahead
113. Tax adviser guilty of conning charities and defrauding taxpayers
114. Were accountants hit by HMRC lightning strikes?
115. Businesses call for VAT increase to be reversed
116. Accountants are plunging further into debt
117. HMRC offers help to those needing to file VAT returns online
118. Accountant jailed for 16 months after stealing from employer
119. 50p income tax rate to stay for the next few years
120. Taskforce unearths 85 London fast food outlets guilty of tax evasion
121. Employers need clarity over NIC mileage payments
122. PwC flooded with applications from budding accountants
123. HMRC set to appeal first tier tax tribunal decision
124. Rural business communities worried about online VAT filing
125. Employers reluctant to award salary increases last year
126. Is the UK tumbling head first back into recession?
127. Footballers perks to be investigated by HMRC
128. 25,633 VAT penalties deemed unjust in 2011
129. Accountants may want to offer advice to struggling SMEs
130. Channel Islands challenge Osborne’s LVCR VAT decision
131. Only 10,000 companies avail of National Insurance Holiday
132. Accounting software could help firms pay their taxes
133. Online accountants should make New Year resolutions
134. Treasury rakes in £63 billion from financial services industry
135. Late payment is no longer acceptable to contractor accountants
136. Do accountants think the tax profession should be regulated?
137. Hosted Accountants launches virtual hosted desktops
138. A few interview tips for job hunting accountants
139. Accountants using MYOB software get temporary reprieve
140. Will HMRC refund tax overpayments within 30 days?
141. ICAEW accountants offer free advice to SMEs
142. Accountant from Coventry gets involved in Corrie plot
143. HMRC warns tutors and coaches of Tax Catch Up Plan deadline
144. HMRC to clamp down on unpaid internships
145. Could HMRC’s tough stance on tax evasion backfire?
146. Together for Short Lives gets VAT bonus from government
147. HMRC to target online traders suspected of tax evasion
148. Should HMRC review income tax on overseas sports stars?
149. Are more chartered accountants opting for self-employment?
150. Accountants should prepare to file their VAT returns online
151. Accountants in London help police beat fraud
152. Time for electricians to get their tax affairs in order
153. Time is running out to register under the VAT Initiative
154. Did accountants suffer because of Wednesday’s strike?
155. Investors in start-up companies to get 50% income tax relief
156. 25 investigators join HMRC’s fight against tax evasion
157. Will more accountants face a higher income tax bill?
158. iXBRL filing might add hours to the workload of accountants
159. HMRC to alter policy on penalty notices
160. HMRC warns medics to come clean about tax evasion
161. Gaming firms could be in for bumper VAT refunds
162. Should we be allowed access to our income tax records?
163. Real-time PAYE payroll reporting will go ahead as planned
164. Finance departments increase usage of senior-level interims
165. Government extends tax breaks for British film industry
166. Low Value Consignment VAT Relief to disappear next year
167. Will HMRC staff vote to take industrial action?
168. New tax evasion taskforce targets Scottish scrap metal industry
169. Should accountants in London prepare for another recession?
170. An accountant’s life appears to be increasingly stressful
171. Male and female accountants view the economy differently
172. Cash accounting for small firms is a no-go, says Xero
173. Increasing number of graduates want to become accountants
174. HMRC cracks down on tax evading overseas property owners
175. Will PAYE pooling create larger targets for HMRC?
176. Disclosure of Tax Avoidance Schemes facility is a success
177. Cable penalised for failing to register and pay VAT
178. Companies House confirms receipt of first iXBRL accounts
179. Tax accountant claims that footballers are not tax evaders
180. Tax accountants can now check PAYE tax codes online
181. Is HMRC’s Single Compliance Process for SMEs realistic?
182. Intuit releases new version of QuickBooks accounting software
183. HMRC has been issuing inaccurate late filing P35 penalties
184. HMRC PAYE returns show that 572 UK firms employ Mr or Mrs ‘X’
185. Family staffed firms warned about scholarship expenses scheme
186. HMRC sets up new unit to tackle tax evasion
187. Have contractor accountants received pay rises this year?
188. Do accountants have a reason to be gloomy?
189. Goldman Sachs let off £10m tax avoidance scheme interest payment
190. Accountants can certify non-doms under Anglo-Swiss agreement
191. SME owners don’t have time to meet their accountant
192. HMRC wants more firms to benefit from NIC holiday
193. Reducing accounting requirements is not the answer
194. Will accountants contribute to the latest red tape challenge?
195. Business Link to close offices but open national call centre
196. John Whiting to remain as tax director at OTS
197. Chartered accountants must restore trust in banks and audit
198. New iPhone app launched to help contractors record expenses
199. Do accountants monitor cloud usage?
200. Give SMEs a National Insurance tax break says Balls